Monday, January 24, 2011

Finals (History and Government)*




We are quickly approaching the end of the semester and for our high school classes that means... Finals! Although I do not necessarily agree that one test at the end of the class period adequately measures student learning, I feel it is important to expose students to exams now so when college "comes a callin'" you can feel comfortable with the format. Hopefully you will never have to take the dreaded "Sudden Death Final" (I just made that up), the final that counts for your entire class grade! I only had to take this kind of final once in Barcelona, and lets just say I made sure to check the Syllabus before signing up classes from there on after...
The finals for all high school classes will only reflect a small portion of your final grade (less than 10%), but that does not mean you should take them lightly. Think of this experience as skill developing! I will be holding finals from Tuesday the 11th through the 26th of January. You must sign up before by email to designate a time for your final. Here is a great link that has some helpful tips when prepping for your final.
Finals Week Calls for New Study Techniques
* If you transferred to us after the beginning of the year you are exempt from finals, but please send me a message ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment